"Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?" - Psalm 85:6
Bara Church's theme for 2019 is "Revive!" As he reflected on and prayed for our approach to our ten year anniversary, Pastor Joel heard the Lord call us to return to the passion and commitment of our beginning days. The elders have affirmed this call and have already begun praying for us all to experience revival in every area of our lives individually and in our church collectively.
Andrew Murray's words about revival are helpful in providing us with a taste of what the Lord will call us to in the days ahead: "A true revival means nothing less than a revolution, casting out the spirit of worldliness and selfishness, and making God and His love triumph in the heart and life."
As with all revivals, Bara's coming revival must begin with asking God to revive our prayer life. Real, lasting revival is the result of time spent crying out to God in the closet with the door shut, and the consequence of a commitment to solitude and stillness as we seek the Spirit.
As God begins to revive us, we will:
- increasingly live in God's presence (Coram Deo)
- hungrily consume His Word
- experience an acute concern for, and a resolute commitment to repent of, our sin
- rejoice in the assurance of Christ's love and our own salvation
- worship with a new spontaneity and consistency
- see a profound recommitment to witnessing and serving others.
Please begin praying for God to revive ourselves, our families and our church. Pray with consistency, zeal and expectation! Revive us, God!