A Word from Pastor Joel
I love you! Here are 13 things worth highlighting, celebrating and remembering!
1. God answers prayers!
2. Pray for the salvation of the world but start with praying for a friend.
3. If you missed either of the first two from our new series, 7, you can catch up here!
4. I'm giddy about Easter! See below for more information!
5. Bara has the most committed, hard working, Jesus loving people! I'm so grateful for those who serve on our teams week in and week out!
6. We've highlighted when giving is down. I think it's only right that we praise God for meeting and exceeding budget for February. Some unexpected (by us but not by God!) gifts came in over the past week!
7. Remember our mission: to know Christ and make him known!
8. When was the last time you went to website or our Church app? You should be checking that out multiple times a week!
9. I'm preaching on John 2 (Jesus turning water into wine) this Sunday! I'm challenging us to fill every relationship with the sweet wine of prayer!
10. How about this weather? Hey, speaking of that, did you know that we would love for everyone to be inside, seated and ready to roll closer to 5 minutes til rather than closer to 5 minutes after? Because we do!
11. If you are a Bara Partner, you have committed to Bow in Humility, Abide in Community, Redeem through Ministry and Advance through Generosity. Those are four core commitments of every disciple of Jesus!
12. Remember to keep praying for the Goals and Objectives the Elders have heard from the Lord for 2015: 1. Explosive Growth 2. Excellent Stewardship 3. Effective Outreach Engaged Arise & Build!
13. Oddly enough, not one person has come up to me and said, I miss your beard. #feelingshurt #kidding
I love you, Bara!
PS: Next week I will be making a BIG announcement about Groups! Stay tuned!
That all might know Christ and make Him known,
BSM Serve: BINGO with Friends
This Sunday afternoon we will have the honor and privilege to get to go play BINGO with some our much wiser friends at the Keller Oaks Healthcare Center (8703 Davis Blvd. Keller) from 3:30-4:30pm. PLEASE NOTE the unique time frame. We did this last summer and everybody loved it. Its a great time to not only bless others but be blessed in return. Parents, since it's a little bit of a drive, feel free to stay if you'd like as well. We'll see you there!
We are asking every family to bring 2-5 bags of candy as we get to stuff over 5000 eggs for the town Easter Egg hunt and our very own Easter Egg hunt. Please be sure the bags have individually wrapped candy (for example no loose candy like jelly beans.) Look for more information to come! We need all candy by Sunday March 22nd. Candy may be brought to our Sunday Gathering or to the Bara Church office.
Arise and Build
If you love accomplishing a lot at one time (think: one stop shopping) then you need to come check out our Arise and Build Prayer Nights every Tuesday evening at 7:00pm at the BARA offices. In less than an hour, you can praise The Lord for all He is doing in and through Arise and Build while you answer His call to pray audaciously for what is to come and if that wasn't enough: you will get to build new relationships with your BARA family!! One of the sweet byproducts of our Prayer Nights for those of us that have been participating is that we have experienced the joy of getting to know each other better in ways that can only happen by praying and spending time together. Give it a try and see how God can use a time of prayer devoted to building a building to actually build His church! For more information and directions to the Bara Church office click here.
Automate the Important
Would you be willing to set up an online giving profile on our website and automate the important?
Not only will you not have to bring a checkbook to church, you will help us grow our ministries during all seasons of the year. If you miss a Sunday gathering or you like to do your finances with a debit or credit card. You might be interested to know that you can go to our website and make an offering online. Any offering you give will be entered into the barabase, which you can look at any time to see the up to date amount given by you or a family member. At the end of the year we will send you a year end giving statement for tax purposes. So jump in today and Automate the Important! To give right now, simply click here.
To listen to and watch a sermon click here.
Visit us on facebook.
Check the Website.
Download the Bara Church App.
Use the Barabase